Kärde's most significant sight is without a doubt the Kärde Peace House, located near the park of Kärde. On 21st June 1661, after the negotiations that had lasted for three months, the “treaty of everlasting peace” was signed in the house. The treaty finished the Russian-Swedish 1656-1658 war and offered 40 years of peace, up to the Great Northern War.
Another place to visit is the Maiden’s Stone up on the Kärde Hill. It is the grave of Margarethe Victoria von Stackelberg - the late daughter of Kärde's last baron. The young lady drowned and the queer circumstances of her death created folk tales about her unhappy love affair with an ordinary peasant boy. Kärde was home of German-Baltic nobility for more than 500 years. Last baron of Kärde was Victor von Stackelberg of the Piibe line.
Endla Nature Reserve, one oft the most famous bog areas in Estonia, is located just a few km away from Kärde center. It was established in 1985 to protect the central part of Endla mires which is relatively little affected by human activities. The eight mire complexes are separated by rivers, narrow floodplain meadows and swamp forests. Several overlapping hiking trails and the planked path on Männikjärv bog, which takes visitors to a viewing platform, offer an opportunity to observe different bird and plant species. The centre of the nature reserve with an exposition is in Tooma, 3 km from Kärde.
As of 2017, Kärde has 108 inhabitants.